With our busy, on-going, never-ending, to-do lifestyles, it’s no wonder many of us burn out.
The burn out is what is driving me to simplify and evaluate my priorities. I want to live a life that is full of passion and is aligned with my true self. After surviving my 20’s, I realized with a quickness that I had over spent, over charged, and over exerted myself so thin that I had to quickly dig myself out. I’ve been living a life that society told me I had to live to be successful.
Well, the new leaf has turned and I am on a mission to simplify and begin living a better life. A life that is simplified, care-free, and peaceful.
I have a lot to do and a lot to accomplish to get there. The journey is a tough one, but I am already reaping the benefits.
First, as I have stated many times on the blog is my core wishes. These wishes are what I want more of. For me to enjoy and experience what I actually want, I must get rid of things that are clouding my life.
Every day I focus on my core wishes:
- I want more time with family
- I want a slower life
- I want clarity
- I want peace
- I want space
- I want freedom
- I want to be healthy
The things that I am getting rid of are:
- Social Media
- Society’s pressures
It takes a great mental shift to narrow down what we truly want. After we have that figured out, it’s time to think about what we don’t want.
My journey is on-going, but the progress is great.
- Clutter is slowly diminishing from my home: I have my SUV full of donation items that I am dropping off today
- Diet is improved and I have more energy and have lost 30lbs due to no-sugar foods and yoga/exercise
- Focus is beginning to get a little clearer each day as I lift the busyness
- Self confidence is growing as I define what I want and make choices to live the life I am supposed to live
Our life is short and there is no reason to spend it doing things you don’t want to do. Why say yes to a life of distraction when what you want is peace? It is possible to get there, one step at a time.