I don’t know anyone in my real life that is searching for a more natural, simplistic lifestyle. This is why I love blogging so much and meeting like-minded individuals! It’s such a relief. Normally, when I tell my fam or friends what I am doing I get blank stares or weird comments. I think it’s just because it’s a little different. No harm done.
Anyway, it’s hard to find natural products where I live. I mean, there are holistic stores here and there and a Whole Foods but it’s many miles away and just very inconvenient. The inconvenience has stopped me from living like this, but not any more. This year, my mantra has been ‘no more excuses’ and I am trying my best to live up to it.
I spent over 3 hours this morning searching online for products that I have learned to love so I can order when I want. You may be in the same boat with your location, so I wanted to share.
Website: LuckyVitamin. Use coupon code 5OFF49GS205 (through July 2015) for $5 and you get free shipping on $50 orders.
1. Natural Hair Products: Sure, WalMart has Burt’s Bee’s but did you know their shampoo/conditioner ranks a 4 on the scale of hazards? Look, that’s better than most, but I want the least hazardous rating I can find. I ordered Andalou Naturals shampoo, conditioner, and hair spray. They rank at a 2 on the hazard scale.
2. EWG Skin Deep Database: This database shows the hazard/chemical rating for cosmetics and products. I used this site to determine the safety of Andalou hair products to make my decision.
3. Hemp Hearts: My new fav snack ever. They have them!
4. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil + Glass Spray Bottle: I plan on mixing a little skin moisturizer up with a new essential oil. Supposed to smell sweet and floral and does wonders for stress and it’s an aphrodisiac!
5. Eco Nuts: This is all natural soap nuts that I will be using to wash clothes. One box is equivalent to 100 loads of laundry. It’s safe, sudsy and natural and has been used for centuries! I am so excited!
After researching and trying to order from Amazon, Vitamin Life, and Lucky Vitamin: the Lucky Vitamin got my order.
Vitamin Life didn’t offer free shipping, and neither did Amazon. Amazon was actually going to charge $25 in shipping for the same items.
Lucky Vitaman though? Had all the items I wanted, a $5 off coupon and free shipping since I ordered $50 worth of items.
If you are looking for a convenient place to find your hippy stuff – check it out!