I dropped off another 2 car loads of clutter yesterday. It feels so amazing having all of this stuff gone and out of my life.
My de-cluttering process is simple:
1. If it hasn’t been used in 1 year, it’s gone.
2. If it doesn’t spark any joy, it’s gone.
3. If it is a duplicate, it’s gone.
4. If it brings me negative energy, it’s gone.
5. If I was to pack up and move and wouldn’t take the item with me, it’s gone.
Using this 5 step process has been a major success. I am coming to find out that the vast majority of my stuff is useless. The more I donate and get rid of, the happier I feel. My home is opening up and getting clean. It’s a new slate for my home to be a place of peace and calm.
My home is going to be a place that fits our needs for today. Not a place to store items of the past or items ‘we hope to get around to using.’ It will only house things that are useful or beautiful or both. It’s a lot of work, but it is well worth it!